Monday, December 9, 2013

Snowed in...

I have been cooped up in the house for 5 days! 5 days with 4 kids, 2 dogs, 1 cat, and 1 hamster inside 1 house. It has been a MAD house here! We finally braved the roads last night to go to Lowe's and Target for the rest of our Christmas decorations. It was horrific! Every single road is a sheet of ice... except the highway and there were a ton of idiots driving on the highway. When we were getting on the highway the car in front of us was following the car in front of them WAY too close and ended up in the big snow pile on the side of the road because they couldn't stop in time. My wonderful husband tried to push the lady with ballet flats on out of the snow but it did not work. I mean really who wears ballet flats when it is 20 degrees outside with an inch of ice and a foot of snow! 


On Friday I decided to get everyone ready and have an adventure in the snow. Well, it took 45 minutes to round up everyone's gloves, hats, boots, coats, extra layer of clothes and then get them all dressed at the same time.


Everyone was having a good time playing and trying to make a snowman and then this happened....


If you noticed in the pictures above she had two different Minnie Mouse toys in her hands. Well the snow was too deep for her to really walk in and she fell and both of her Minnie Mouse toys were covered in snow. She was devastated! 


So... we spent all of 15 minutes outside in the snow. The older two decided they still wanted to play so they played another 10 to 15 minutes in the backyard with the dogs and cat. 


It has been a productive few days for me though! I opened an Etsy shop, check it out here! I just put the last coat of polyurethane on my kitchen table. (pictures to come soon!) I got my Christmas tree up, finally. And we hung our stockings and decorated the mantle. 

I'm definitely ready for my hubby to be home the next couple of days! I'm kinda hoping for another snow day tomorrow so the girls get to spend some time with him too! Shhh... don't tell! As I'm writing this all of the girls have disappeared and it has gotten really quiet... Hmm... I better go check! Hope everyone has a great Monday!


No comments:

Post a Comment